Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My Garden

Ever since I was little I remember having a vegetable garden. It is still something I enjoy to do. Every Spring I think it is a lot of work, but when it grows and produces it surely pays off. This Summer I have been able to get a lot of ideas from all of the Swiss gardeners. Their gardens are amazing and look just perfect. Mine isn't quite up to par, but it is getting there. Here are a few pics.
Vegetables.



Picking tomatoes. Lettuce and herb garden.








Red currants and cherries I made into jelly.






A few of the things we have been picking: chinese and sugar snap peas, carrots, red and white onions, napa cabbage, zucchini, squash, peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, romanesco, green and yellow beans, sunflowers, tomatoes... Even though we have had hardly any sunshine this summer it is growing like crazy.







Funny two-legged carrot.





Lukas loves helping in the garden. We have a lot of fun. His favorite is picking tomatoes and eating them (yuck).


Happy gardening!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Frumsen, Switzerland

No comments:

Post a Comment