Saturday, May 1, 2010

Munchen, Germany

I am a little behind in my posts, the sun is out and we have been enjoying every bit of it. So, we went to Germany at the end of March. What fun! Beer, beer and more beer. I have never seen so many biergartens in my life. Though I didn't get to enjoy all the beer Erik did, I did get a little taste of home with Thai salad rolls, Subway and a massage :)
Hofbrauhaus - the royal brewery in the Kingdom of Bavaria.

German favorite - pretzel and bier

"tede totter"

Soccer at the Englishergarten.

Biergarten at Chinesischer Turm.

Viktualienmarkt

Giant Lobster

Glockenspiel clock tower

Schloss Nymphenburg Palace

Olympiastadion was the main venue for the 1972 Summer Olympics.

"Work Makes You Free"
Entrance to the Dachau concentration camp, which held 200,000 prisoners from 1933-1945.





No comments:

Post a Comment