Friday, February 19, 2010

Milano, Italy

For Valentine's Day the three of us decided to pack up and head to Milano. It was less than a three hour drive! We ate tons of pizza, did some site seeing, and shopped for hours. Erik and Lukas were such troopers through every market, outlet and store. As for the shopping, I think I will return. Italians really keep you one your toes, you never know when a motorcycle or Smart car is going to zip right in front of you. Can't wait for our next adventure, I like this part about our new home.
On our way to the Carnival.

First rollercoaster. Loved it!


Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, one of the best shopping malls in the world.

Tradition says, if you spin on the bull's balls you will have good luck.


Santa Maria delle Grazie, The Last Supper's location.


Schnecke.

Where the deep pan was invented. Possibly the thickest pizza on earth.

FYI - I do not like pigeons.

Duomo di Milano. This Gothic cathedral is the fourth-largest church in the world.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun! The pigeon picture is hilarious! I'm not so sure I would like having all of them on my arm either!
    Lukas is getting so big! He looks like he is enjoying himself over there though. Miss you guys.

    Christine and Sam

    ReplyDelete